Basic Categories of Christian Growth
1Tim 1:5 The goal of this command is
1Ti 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young,
but set an example for the believers in
- love, which comes from a pure heart and
- a good conscience and
- a sincere faith.
1Ti 6:11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue
- in life,
- in love,
- in faith and
- in purity.
- endurance and
2Ti 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue
- love and
along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
1Co 13:13 And now these three remain:
But the greatest of these is love.
- The object of salvific faith
- The qualities of salvific faith
- conviction vs. opinion
- Christian Love vs. the World's Love
- Love is patient,
- love is kind.
- It does not envy,
- it does not boast,
- it is not proud.
- It is not rude,
- it is not self-seeking,
- it is not easily angered,
- it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- It always protects,
- always trusts,
- always hopes,
- always perseveres.
- Discernment between good and sin
Edition: Jul 29,2015